6/3/11

The Togetherness

I gotta break the news to you, before Da-da does. *inhale* Okay, here goes.








.....Da-da and I are not beach people. Ha! Does that upset you? Sorry, little fella. We love the greens and mountains and mist more than the blue-y beach. We held a small reception at a huge hall with timber flooring and pine trees surrounding it. It was gorgeous.

The only time we headed to the beach was on our honeymoon. The amount of time spent on the beach itself was only...an hour? As for the rest, we took a motorbike and 'rempit' to the nearest town and went *ding-dong.

It wasn't really a mistake, however. We did had a lot of fun and it was still romantic nonetheless (even though not our kind of 'romantic) but we made it up to ourselves on our first anniversary. We went back to the place where Da-da fell in love with me, quote him. We called it, 'The Hill'.


It was what we have always wanted. The place is romantic, quiet, peaceful and absolutely cozy. We had our morning walks, lovely afternoon tea, take a stroll around the courtyard and watch the sunset on a big swing. Da-da even booked the entire dining area for a romantic dinner but I refused as the price was so steep (to have the room vacant and away from crowd), much to his dismay.

It was when we had our goodnight tea at the lounge that Da-da had this thought of making it an annual thing. Coming back to The Hill for a quiet celebration. And we wanted to book the Guenevere Suite with jacuzzi when we have kids. I thought it was splendid since I, myself is a hopeless nostalgic. I could love the same thing for years. I could love The Hill forever. Inshallah, we will have the rezeki to do so, okie?


As promised, this weekend we will make the return trip to The Hill and...WITH YOU! I hope to have the same room as last year, over looking the mountain and beautiful mist in the morning. So, here's a toast and a rub to the bump, for a 730 days of our togetherness.

*tickles*

mommy + Da-da xxxxxxxxxx

*dingdong - went crazy snapping pictures

1 comment:

  1. mommy+Da-da? weird, my hubsand and I both thinking of having the baby to call us that too.

    ReplyDelete